Falstaff awards for Cantina LaSelva
Prima Causa was LaSelva’s first big challenge. A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot, a symbol of their desire to express the high quality of their grapes through a wine of character with a balanced, complex structure. A solid, enduring wine just like LaSelva.
- Grape variety: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot
- Pairings: game, red meat and first courses with meat sauce.
- Serving temperature: 20°C. (Decant)
Vermentino: wine with intense, fragrant scents and a pleasant freshness on the palate. Produced exclusively with Vermentino, a grape typical of the Maremma region.
- Grape variety: 100% Vermentino
- Pairings: aperitifs, vegetable and fish dishes, shellfish and white meats.
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C.
Cantina LaSelva is located in the place Poderone in Magliano in the region Toscana.
The building is only partially visible from the outside because most of the structure is underground. The stone exterior and green roofing perfectly blend in with the landscape and therefore make the structure very efficient, very well insulated and also with a constant internal temperature and humidity all year round.
The solar panels on the roof produce part of the energy that is necessary for its operation.
LaSelva’s organic and vegan wines age in 40 stainless steel vats and about 100 barriques and tonneaux.
The total capacity is 3,600 hectolitres. The current production is 220.000 bottles per year.